Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Saruja- Word Study

Reading Activity: Word Study



Your task is to randomly choose 5 new and interesting words from the dictionary and fill out the grid below.

Interesting word
The meaning (in your own words
A google drawing to show the word’s meaning
The interesting word in a sentence
Synonyms (words that mean the same)
Shoal


It’s mean lots of fish swimming together.
I went to the beach and I saw fish are swimming together.

Reef and Bar

Fang

It’s mean a person has long teeth on the sides.
For Halloween I wanted to be a vampire so I bought some fangs and dressed as a vampire
Crook, Fingernail, Paw, Hook, Barb and manus
Mince
It’s mean a meat cut into small pieces.
My mum asked me if I can help help to cut the meat into small pieces to make curry.

Chop up and Cut up
Robot
A Robot is a mechanical device which is made out of both steel and metal.
It was my birthday and My dad brought me a present and It was a robot.

Automaton, Android, Machine, Golem
  Certificate                                                       
Certificate is a award and a document, that can use to find jobs.
At school there was a test for my brother and it was hard but he try his best and get a certificate for reading.

Guarantee, Proof, Certification, Document,
Warrant and
Licence.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.