Pages

Monday 3 August 2015

Saruja- Word Study

Reading Activity: Word Study

Your task is to find the meanings of these 5 interesting words, and fill out the grid below.  You can use the dictionary and the internet to help you understand more about these words.

Interesting word
Dictionary meaning
How I would explain it to my friends
Interesting word in a sentence
Synonyms (words that mean the same)
Galvanize
shock or excite (someone) into taking action.
I would explain to my friend that it means when you show some scary you will get a shock.
When I was walking with my friends at night she was telling me something and I was galvanize

jolt, shock,
startle, impel,
stir, spur, prod,
urge, motivate,
stimulate,
electrify, excite,
rouse, arouse,
awaken,
Zealous
having or showing zeal.
It’s all about energy.
I have to do some activity, so I have to zealous

fervent, ardent, fervid, fiery, passionate, impassioned, devout, devoted;
Meander
(of a river or road) follow a winding course.
It’s all about a river or a road
I went for a picnic and I saw meander.
Means : A road or a river are bend or turn.
Zigzag, wind, twist, turn, curve, curl, bend, snake
Copious
abundant in supply or quantity.
I will explain that it is all about a lot.
I went to open the fridge and it was capious.
abundant, superabundant, plentiful, ample, profuse, full, extensive,
Sweltering
uncomfortably hot.
It’s all about feeling hot.
I went to the beach and I felt it will be cold but it was sweltering.
balmy, summery, tropical, boiling, boiling hot, blazing hot,baking, scorching, roasting, searing, flaming, parching,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.